Working with Knox
The Knox Company is seeking highly qualified employees to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The Knox Company specializes in developing and manufacturing security products for public service, government and military agencies. Founded in 1975, the Knox Company now serves over 13,000 agencies nationwide and abroad.
If you're looking for a career where you can reach your fullest potential, consider the Knox Company.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Knox Company Benefits
The Knox Company offers competitive salaries, a generous benefit package and an excellent work environment. We understand that employees have enough to think about without worrying about the benefits they and their family receives.
Knox offers competitive salaries. Employees are paid weekly.
Knox believes in sharing the company's success with its employees. When the company meets its goals, you are rewarded with a cash bonus. These bonuses are a percentage of your base salary and are paid bi-annually.
Employees can receive recognition for outstanding achievement and contribution to Knox's growth. Additionally, we also have service anniversary awards for 5, 10, 15 and 20 years of service to the company. These generous monetary awards are presented bi-annually.
Knox is a strong supporter of a balanced personal/work life. The Knox Company does not expect or want employees to give up their valuable free time. We expect that our employees work smarter not longer. Our philosophy is that work can and should be completed Monday-Friday in a regular 8 hour day. Company events are held during working hours so as to not interfere with your family time.
Vacation - Paid vacation based on years of service. New employees accrue 2 weeks of vacation annually.
Holiday - Employees receive 7 paid holidays PLUS we have been able to historically offer a company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
Bereavement/Sick Days - Paid time off for illness and family bereavement.
Knox offers a 401K plan. Employees are eligible to join the plan after 6 months of service. Our plan advisors hold regular educational meetings that employees are encouraged to attend. Key plan features include:
- Dollar-for-dollar company match up to 4%
- Immediate vesting
- A variety of investment choices
- Online and in-person investment resources
Knox prides itself on offering its employees the best plans available to our company. As an organization, we will not cut corners on providing exceptionally good medical benefits.
Medical - Knox offers employees a PPO medical plans for employees and their dependents. Knox pays approximately 85% of the cost for the employee and their dependents.
Dental - Dental insurance plans are available to all employees and their dependents. These comprehensive plans cover most preventive care procedures and reduced costs for basic and major dental care. Knox pays approximately 90% of the cost for the employee and their dependents.
Vision - Optical insurance is available to all employees and their dependents. This comprehensive plan covers offers lenses annually and frames every 24 months.
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance - Knox offers both short-term and long-term disability coverage to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost. These plans provide benefits in case you are injured and are unable to work for an extended period of time.
Long-Term Care - Long-term care is provided to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost.
Life insurance - Basic life insurance and Accidential Death & Dismemberment is offered to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost. Additional insurance can be purchases at a reduced rate.
Knox's employee assistance program is offered to employees and their dependents at no cost to the employee. This program provides confidential services for family counseling, financial planning and legal services to name just a few.
Knox supports employee growth and development through education by offering employees up to $4,000 a year for courses taken at State Accredited Institutions. Additionally, each department has their own educational budget which is utilized to keep employees up to date on the latest in their field.
The Knox Company offers outstanding benefits including a 401k plan with match, highly competitive salary and bonus program. Put your proven skills to work at this privately-owned, team-focused business. We have been in business for over 40 years producing proven quality products.
Regional Account Manager
The Regional Account Manager supports the achievement of the Knox Company sales goals by maintaining and growing existing accounts, prospecting and closing new accounts and identifying and penetrating new markets. Develops and executes a Strategic Territory Sales Plan in a manner directed by the Company. Meets revenue goals, achieves growth initiatives and targeted sales goals. The territory for this position is North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming and Montana. The successful candidate will live in and service this territory.
Key Job Functions
Educate customers as to the intrinsic benefits of the Knox Rapid Entry System, FDC Protection Program and other Knox products and emerging market programs. Demonstrates various products and features using sample or display product when meeting with customers.
- Prospect for new customers through cold calling and building relationships via phone and in person, involving travel approximately 50% of work time.
- Make presentations to existing and potential customers in order to facilitate sales. Coordinate and conduct customer training as necessary.
- Plan, organize, and execute a Strategic Territory Sales Plan.
- Participate in and represent Knox Company at various trade shows.
- Maintain accurate and timely Customer Relationship Management information in the manner set forth by the Company.
- Report business transactions, customer acquisition or service problems, competitive developments, and market assessments on a monthly basis.
- Participate in a variety of company functions and teambuilding programs.
- Biased towards results driven outcomes
- Teaming and communication
- Emotional intelligence
- Sense of urgency
- Practices and techniques of outside sales, territory management and analysis, prospecting and funnel management.
- Operate Microsoft Office Suite, computer presentation software, and customer relationship management software.
- Communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Complete daily call schedule and planned customer visitations.
- Acquire and maintain customers in accordance with sales plan.
- Develop business, social, and civic relationships with customers.
- Manage multiple tasks and use time effectively.
- Work from remote location with minimum supervision.
Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and evidence of insurability for local travel purposes.