Working with Knox
The Knox Company is seeking highly qualified employees to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The Knox Company specializes in developing and manufacturing security products for public service, government and military agencies. Founded in 1975, the Knox Company now serves over 13,000 agencies nationwide and abroad.
If you're looking for a career where you can reach your fullest potential, consider the Knox Company.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Knox Company Benefits
The Knox Company offers competitive salaries, a generous benefit package and an excellent work environment. We understand that employees have enough to think about without worrying about the benefits they and their family receives.
Knox offers competitive salaries. Employees are paid weekly.
Knox believes in sharing the company's success with its employees. When the company meets its goals, you are rewarded with a cash bonus. These bonuses are a percentage of your base salary and are paid bi-annually.
Employees can receive recognition for outstanding achievement and contribution to Knox's growth. Additionally, we also have service anniversary awards for 5, 10, 15 and 20 years of service to the company. These generous monetary awards are presented bi-annually.
Knox is a strong supporter of a balanced personal/work life. The Knox Company does not expect or want employees to give up their valuable free time. We expect that our employees work smarter not longer. Our philosophy is that work can and should be completed Monday-Friday in a regular 8 hour day. Company events are held during working hours so as to not interfere with your family time.
Vacation - Paid vacation based on years of service. New employees accrue 2 weeks of vacation annually.
Holiday - Employees receive 7 paid holidays PLUS we have been able to historically offer a company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
Bereavement/Sick Days - Paid time off for illness and family bereavement.
Knox offers a 401K plan. Employees are eligible to join the plan after 6 months of service. Our plan advisors hold regular educational meetings that employees are encouraged to attend. Key plan features include:
- Dollar-for-dollar company match up to 4%
- Immediate vesting
- A variety of investment choices
- Online and in-person investment resources
Knox prides itself on offering its employees the best plans available to our company. As an organization, we will not cut corners on providing exceptionally good medical benefits.
Medical - Knox offers employees a PPO medical plans for employees and their dependents. Knox pays approximately 85% of the cost for the employee and their dependents.
Dental - Dental insurance plans are available to all employees and their dependents. These comprehensive plans cover most preventive care procedures and reduced costs for basic and major dental care. Knox pays approximately 90% of the cost for the employee and their dependents.
Vision - Optical insurance is available to all employees and their dependents. This comprehensive plan covers offers lenses annually and frames every 24 months.
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance - Knox offers both short-term and long-term disability coverage to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost. These plans provide benefits in case you are injured and are unable to work for an extended period of time.
Long-Term Care - Long-term care is provided to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost.
Life insurance - Basic life insurance and Accidential Death & Dismemberment is offered to all employees. Knox pays 100% of the cost. Additional insurance can be purchases at a reduced rate.
Knox's employee assistance program is offered to employees and their dependents at no cost to the employee. This program provides confidential services for family counseling, financial planning and legal services to name just a few.
Knox supports employee growth and development through education by offering employees up to $4,000 a year for courses taken at State Accredited Institutions. Additionally, each department has their own educational budget which is utilized to keep employees up to date on the latest in their field.
The Knox Company offers outstanding benefits including a 401k plan with match, highly competitive salary and bonus program. Put your proven skills to work at this privately-owned, team-focused business. We have been in business for over 40 years producing proven quality products.
Senior Human Resources Manager
Under general direction of the President, the Senior Human Resources Manager actively leads talent management, employee relations, training and management development, benefits, and employee engagement, rewards, and recognition programs; creates, revises, and interprets human resources policies and administrative practices.
Key Job Functions
- Collaborates and works with the President, management, and all levels of employees to create human resources programs, policies, and initiatives to achieve departmental and organizational business objectives and measures.
- Researches and conducts needs assessments and communicates regularly with staff and management to identify development needs and create training opportunities and resources to strengthen employee capabilities.
- Plans and oversees talent sourcing and selection by evaluating candidate backgrounds, qualifications, and capabilities in relation to position requirements, competencies, and cultural fit.
- Administers performance appraisal and rewards programs directly linked to job outcomes, key results areas, and key performance indicators.
- Analyzes health, dental, and vision coverage networks, services and plan coverage working with vendors, brokers, and other services, and negotiates plan coverage that maximizes employee satisfaction and minimizes employer costs, and serves as Company plan administrator for the retirement plan.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements programs and practices to promote employee engagement, rewards, and recognition, while maintaining work life balance.
- Administers paid time off and leave programs in accordance with State and federal laws, notification requirements, and reporting regulations.
- Plans, organizes, and administers risk management programs, including employee security, human resources information systems, and Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Safety, EEO, and related reports and records.
- Creates training and employee development programs as part of continuing education model by working with local colleges and universities and training resources to strengthen employee motivation, capabilities, and performance.
- Consults with President, legal counsel, and other company advisors related to employee complaints, issues, and disciplinary matters. Works with Compensation/HR Consultant on various projects and organizational initiatives. Actively participates in local HR meetings and functions.
- Knowledge of Human resources employment and benefits laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Uniform Guidelines In Selection Act, and related federal and State standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of principles of human resources management, including recruiting, selection, placement, compensation and benefits, employee relations, training and development, performance management, human resources policies and practices.
- Commitment to excellence, coaching, and creation of a work culture that reinforces innovation, teamwork, and active communication.
- Planning, organization, and project management skills, including use of human resources analytics and databases.
- Ability to analyze, recommend, and implement effective courses of action and use effective judgment in setting goals and resolving issues.
- Writing, quantitative, communication, and teaching skills.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field and eight or more years of broad human resources professional, technical, supervisory, and project management experience.
PHR, SPHR or equivalent professional certification from the Society of Human Resources Management or similar professional association.
Ability to regularly work at Phoenix, Arizona manufacturing operations center and travel to Costa Mesa, California off-site Corporate Offices and other locations for training, development, and conferences.
Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and evidence of insurability for local travel purposes.
To be considered, please email your resume to email@example.com EOE
Supply Chain Manager
We are currently looking for an effective, knowledgeable, and committed Supply Chain Manager. Responsibilities include Materials, Purchasing, Warehousing, and Distribution, with the objective to limit costs, improving accuracy and customer service. Manage Forecast and Demand planning through the ERP system. Writing and updating processes for streamlining activities to support manufacturing requirements.
Examples of Essential Functions
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. All employees are at-will employees.
- Manage Materials and Procurement activities to ensure companies growth objectives.
- Oversee forecasting and demand planning activities.
- Establish Contracts, negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, and freight forwarders.
- Design and implement necessary supply chain optimization projects
- Analyze, optimize, and oversee Inventory/Supply Chain procedures
- Foster strong partnerships with suppliers
- Track KPIs and generate reports for supply chain performance
- Monitor supplier performance to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Define performance metrics for supply chain, including product cost and quality.
- Analyze inventories to increase inventory turns and reduce waste.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Process data, identifying problematic areas and suggesting improvements
- Support new ERP system implementation.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory
- Participates in MRB meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Performs inventory analysis for slow moving items and recommends disposition.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Benchmark Measures, and Standards of Conduct
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Through knowledge of how to utilize MRP for production and capacity planning.
- Experience with implementing ERP systems. (SAP experience a plus)
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency on Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and other programs as necessary.
- Demonstrate use of office tools such as a fax, copier, scanner and calculator
- Able to read engineering blueprints and documents.
- Negotiate and communicate with vendors and contractors.
- Plan and accomplish goals, make proper decisions, and apply common sense on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
Examples of Standards of Conduct:
- Consistently self motivated and work with minimal guidance, as appropriate.
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and sets examples by how they work.
- Consistently on time and working.
- Consistently demonstrate honesty and a high degree of integrity.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or closely related field. Requires five or more years of forecasting and planning, direct Supply Chain and strategic purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS or CPIM certification is desirable.
- Experience with installing or migrating ERP Programs
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees
Physical Demands and Environmental Elements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Knox accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time, must be able to hear and talk both in person and by telephone; and frequently use hands to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally walks and stands to access different work areas, and lifts and carries records and documents typically weighing less than 20 pounds. This position requires the individual to be present at facility in order to interact with other employees and to have access to various files.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee works in office conditions; the noise level is moderate, typically below 85 decibel levels. There is minimal exposure to other environmental hazards.
The employee works in office and manufacturing environments; the noise level is moderate, typically below 85 decibel levels. There is minimal exposure to other environmental hazards.
To be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE