DEFEND AGAINST DISASTER.
FDC Caps and Plugs
Fire Department Connections (FDCs) are the access points for firefighters to supplement additional water to a building's fire sprinkler system during a fire.
Why Are Fire Department Connections (FDCs) Important?
The fire department connects to FDCs on your building to supplement water to your sprinkler system.
Unprotected FDCs are vulnerable to vandalism and debris that can prevent the flow of water.
Knox FDC Caps and Plugs protect connections and keep pipes clean ensuring the maximum flow of water to sprinklers.
Which FDC Product is Right for My Building
Knox FDC Plug Series
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEFENSE AND DISASTER.
Knox FDC Plugs lock securely in place to protect fire system pipes and enable delivery of high-pressure water flow to fire sprinkler systems.
2.5" Knox Locking FDC Plug with Swivel-Guard™ Enhanced Protection
2.5" Knox Locking FDC Plug
1.5 Knox Locking FDC Plug
NH Male Plug
Knox FDC Plug Features
Secure locking cap that can be accessed by Fire Department personnel
Swivel-Guard (Model #3041) provides enhanced security
FDC plugs available in 2.5" and 1.5" NH sizes
Stainless steel construction to withstand all weather conditions
Knox FDC Plug Benefits
- Eliminates costly services to back flush the pipes due to debris
- Ensures ready and reliable connections to fire sprinkler systems
- Protects FDC swivel from theft, damage and vandalism
- Protects check valves from freezing in cold climate areas
Knox FDC Plug Applications
Keep it clean.
FDC are your building's lifeline to fire prevention. When FDCs are left unsecured, they are vulnerable to damage, debris and vandalism which can constrict the flow of water to:
- Fire sprinkler protection systems
- Standpipes located in parking garages and stairwells
Knox StorzGuard Cap Series
PROTECT HIGH-PRESSURE WATER SUPPLIES.
Knox StorzGuard locking caps protect Fire Department Connections (FDCs) to ensure reliable water connections and prevent fire hydrant water loss or theft.
5" Knox StorzGuard
4" Knox StorzGuard
Knox StorzGuard Cap Features
Large locking cap that can only be accessed by Fire Department personnel
Anodized aluminum, built Knox-Rugged
Knox StorzGuard available in 4" and 5" sizes
Available with straight or 30-degree elbow adaptors
Knox StorzGuard Cap Benefits
- Eliminates costly services to back flush the system due to debris
- Provides a ready and reliable connection to sprinkler systems
- Protects large diameter Fire Department Connections
- Keeps water connection clear of debris, animals, and vandalism
- Ensures FDCs' operational integrity
- Prevents water theft or loss in hydrant applications
Knox StorzGuard Cap Applications
Make an impact.
Fight fire with high-pressure water, every time. Knox StorzGuard cap protects large diameter FDCs from damage and vandalism on:
- Fire hydrants
- Fire sprinkler systems
MAKE A STRONG CONNECTION.
View our case studies, specs and brochures below to learn more.