Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the fire department, there are 3 ways you can place an order:
- Placing your order on line through eApproval
- An eApproval is a two-step process; you place your order on our website at www.knoxbox.com. Your request gets emailed to the fire department for their approval
- Once the fire department approves your order you will receive an email with a link; you'll click on that link and it will bring you back to your approved cart. You will then enter your billing, shipping and payment information.
- Contacting the responding fire department and requesting an Authorization Order Form. The order form would need to be signed by someone who is an authorized signer at the fire department. Once you have the order form filled out you could either fax at 623-687-2290 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are paying with a check you would need to mail your check along with your order form to Knox Co 1601 W Deer Valley Rd Phoenix AZ 85027
- If the fire department does not require you to get authorization
- You could place your order online at www.knoxbox.com.
- You could place your order with a Customer Service Representative by calling (800) 552-5669 and we can take your order over the phone with a credit/debit card payment.
Depending on the responding fire department rules. There are some fire departments that require you to mail the original order form. Please contact a Customer Service Representative by calling (800) 552-5669 to confirm if your fire department is one of them. If you are paying with a credit/debit card you could fax your order form to (623) 687-2290 or email to email@example.com.
Processing on all orders is 24-48 hours. Standard shipping for FedEx ground delivery is 5-10 business days. We could expedite delivery of your order to 2nd day or Next Day Delivery at an additional cost. Please contact Customer Service by calling (800) 552-5669 for rates.
Pricing is available by contacting Customer Service at (800) 552-5669. Also, by accessing the On-Line Store on our website by clicking Buy and entering the name of the fire department. The Price List is also available on all Authorization Order Forms provided by the responding fire department.
An Alarm Tamper Alert is a device you can install inside your Knox Box, it would be connected to your alarm system. Whenever your box is tampered with, your alarm company would be notified. You also have the option of connecting the tamper alert to your fire alarm system.
It would be installed by your alarm company or by an electrician.
The only time a Recessed Mounting Kit (RMK) is recommended is when you are building a new wall, new masonry or pouring in concrete. If your wall already exists, a Recessed Mounting Kit is not needed.
It is recommended you install Knox boxes to a secure, solid wall, beam, or post. A six-foot height level is recommended to resist vandalism. Please refer to the installation instructions that are shipped with each product. To be sure, please contact your authorized fire department for a specific mounting location.
Knox Co does not participate in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification. If you have any questions on the products or materials used on the assembly of all Knox products, please contact a Customer Service Representative at (800) 552-5669.
On top of our webpage you will look for the tab that says "Support". Under the "Support" tab select "Owner Manuals, Brochures, Specs" and select the product you have questions on or need more information.
Please contact Customer Service at (800) 552-5669 Option 1 and request order status. Be prepaid to provide a sales order number or what name the order was placed under.
Depending on what you are using the product for would help you select the correct product. Please refer to our website to select the product that would meet your requirements.
Please contact Customer Service at (800) 552-5669 Option 1 and request a copy of your invoice or credit card receipt. Be prepaid to provide a sales order number or what name the order was placed under.
Please contact Customer Service at (800) 552-5669 Option 1 and request a RUSH shipping quote. Be prepared to provide the model #, quantity, and zip code to the delivery address.
Please contact Customer Service at (800) 552-5669 Option 1 and request any changes or cancellations to your order. Be prepared to provide a sales order number or the name the order was placed under.
Knox Company does not have any distributing companies. You would need to purchase your Knox products through our company.