Effective February 2, 2021
Knox collects personal and non-personal information from you in various ways as described below.
How Information is Collected
In many cases you give personal information to us directly such as when:
- Registering for our Knox Rapid Access Program
- Registering and the KnoxConnect® Management System
- Purchasing and activating our products
- Using our mobile applications
- Submitting your debit, credit card or other payment information
- Submitting a paper form or transmitting information to us online or over the telephone
- Speaking to our sales representatives to discuss product options, or our customer service center (some of which conversations may be recorded to ensure quality of our products and services and to maintain a record of our communications with you)
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Responding to a survey or filling out a form
- Providing us with feedback on our products or services
We may also collect your information using cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends and administer our Site, for example:
- Web Beacons. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage our Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs or pixels in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers' personal information.
- Mobile Application. We collect information such as registration and activation information from any mobile application associated with our products, including geolocation information.
- Social Media Features. Our Site includes social media features that may collect your computer’s IP address and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features are hosted by a third party.
- Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
What Information is Collected
When using our Site and our product you may be asked to, or will automatically provide, personal information such as:
- Name and/or business name
- Home address and/or business address
- Home, business, and/or mobile phone numbers
- Email address
- Credit, debit, or other payment method information
- Social security number
- Emergency contact information
- Sales tax exemption certificates
- Personal security or system code
- Geolocation information
- Log files and web browser information: As described above, like most websites, our Site automatically collects and uses the data contained in log files. Information in log files may include your computer's IP address, your ISP, the web browser you used to visit our Site, the time you visited, which web pages you visited, and other anonymous Site usage data. Every computer with internet capability is given a number that serves as that computer's IP address. When you request a page from our Site, our web servers automatically recognize your IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our Site. We may use this information to examine traffic in aggregate, investigate misuse of our Site, detect fraud, and cooperate with law enforcement.
If you are using our mobile application, we may also receive unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile device(s) and mobile operating systems. We may request permission to collect certain information from or about you, for example, if you use any Knox mobile application, we may request permission to access and store your location from the mobile devices used to access the Site.
How we use information we collect
We may use your data to respond to you and to improve your browsing experience, process your transactions, provide you with information on products, services or events, and send you other information that may be of interest to you or to follow up with you after communication with us.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our customers after the original transaction has occurred.
Other than in connection with our reseller arrangements, Knox will never sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We will share your information with third parties to the extent they need to have it to provide you with requested services or information. These third parties are authorized by us to use your personal information only as necessary to provide such services.
We also share information, including personal information, with vendors with whom we have a contractual relationship and who perform services for us, such as vendors that provide email, demographic or geo-location information, vendors that perform background checks or process or accept credit card payments, vendors that gather user data for our marketing purposes, vendors that send SMS messages to registered mobile phone numbers, vendors that provide services that enable us and other third parties to detect and prevent fraud, and vendors that provide cloud or hosting services.
Google Analytics and HubSpot may gather analytics relating to your activities on our Site for us to use for our marketing purposes, to analyze trends, and to improve our Site function.
In addition, we will disclose personal information and your IP address when we have your consent or have the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- protect and defend the security of our Site and related properties, or visitors to our Site and related properties;
- identify persons who may be committing a fraud or otherwise violating the law; and
- cooperate with investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Security of Your Information and Data Integrity
We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, agents and authorized third parties who need to know the information to operate, develop or improve our products. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
How Can I Control Cookies? How Does Knox Handle "Do Not Track" Signals?
Cookie Controls. You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject some cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links shown below.
You can set or amend your web browser controls to accept or refuse certain cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our Site though your access to some functionality and areas may be restricted. Methods for refusing cookies through your web browser controls vary from browser-to-browser, accordingly, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of behaviorally targeted ads by clicking here: https://preferences.truste.com/. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Do Not Track. Our systems do not recognize browser "Do Not Track" signals. We provide you with tools to opt out of marketing from us or certain transfers of your information. You can learn about this under "Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information: Opting Out of Marketing and Transfers; Accessing, Updating and Deleting Information."
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not target any marketing to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- If the email is intended as an advertisement, identify the message as such in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services, if any, for compliance
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information: Opting Out of Marketing and Transfers; Accessing, Updating and Deleting Information
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us, and you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you;
- You have the right to receive information about our onward disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- You have the right to prohibit our sale of your personal information; and
- You have the right not to be discriminated against with respect to access to our products or pricing because you exercised any of the rights described above.
If you wish to opt out of receiving our marketing efforts or our sharing of information with third parties for their marketing efforts, you may do so, at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in any email you receive from us and following the instructions on the screen, or by responding to a marketing email and including "Remove" in the subject line. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving our service messages.
You may request access to, amend, or ask us to delete any of your personal information that we may store, and you may also opt out of receiving our marketing efforts or our sharing information with third parties for their marking efforts by contacting us at:
1601 W. Deer Valley Road
Phoenix, AZ 85027