FROM FIRE SPRINKLER FAILURE
March 7, 2018 (11am PT | 1pm CT | 2pm ET)LEARN MORE
Locking FDC Caps
Fire Department Connections (FDCs) are the access points for firefighters to supplement additional water to a building's fire sprinkler system during a fire. Protect these vital protection systems with Knox locking FDC caps: FDC Locks and Storz Locks.
Why Are Fire Department Connections (FDCs) Important?
The fire department connects to FDCs on your building to supplement water to your sprinkler system.
Unprotected FDCs are vulnerable to vandalism and debris that can prevent the flow of water.
Knox FDC Locks and Storz Locks protect connections and keep pipes clean ensuring the maximum flow of water to sprinklers.
Which FDC Product is Right for My Building
Knox FDC Lock Series
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEFENSE AND DISASTER.
Knox FDC caps lock securely in place to protect fire system pipes and enable delivery of high-pressure water flow to fire sprinkler systems.
2.5" Knox FDC Lock with Swivel-Guard™ Enhanced Protection
Male Locking FDC Cap
2.5" Knox FDC Lock
Male Locking FDC Cap
1.5" Knox FDC Lock
NH Male Locking FDC Cap
Knox FDC Lock Features
Secure locking FDC cap that can be accessed by Fire Department personnel
Swivel-Guard (Model #3041) provides enhanced security
FDC Locks available in 2.5" and 1.5" NH sizes
Stainless steel construction to withstand all weather conditions
Knox FDC Lock Benefits
- Eliminates costly services to back flush the pipes due to debris
- Ensures ready and reliable connections to fire sprinkler systems
- Protects FDC swivel from theft, damage and vandalism
- Protects check valves from freezing in cold climate areas
Knox FDC Lock Applications
Keep it clean.
Fire Department Connections (FDCs) are your building's lifeline to fire prevention. When FDCs are left unsecured, they are vulnerable to damage, debris and vandalism which can constrict the flow of water to:
- Fire sprinkler protection systems
- Standpipes located in parking garages and stairwells
Knox Storz Lock Series
PROTECT HIGH-PRESSURE WATER SUPPLIES.
Knox Storz Lock caps protect Fire Department Connections (FDCs) to ensure reliable water connections and prevent fire hydrant
water loss or theft.
5" Knox Storz Lock
4" Knox Storz Lock
Knox Storz Lock Features
Large FDC locking cap that can only be accessed by Fire Department personnel
Anodized aluminum, built Knox-Rugged
Knox Storz Lock available in 4" and 5" sizes
Available with straight or 30-degree elbow adaptors
Knox Storz Lock Benefits
- Eliminates costly services to back flush the system due to debris
- Provides a ready and reliable connection to sprinkler systems
- Protects large diameter Fire Department Connections
- Keeps water connection clear of debris, animals, and vandalism
- Ensures FDCs' operational integrity
- Prevents water theft or loss in hydrant applications
Knox Storz Lock Applications
Make an impact.
Fight fire with high-pressure water, every time. Knox Storz Lock cap protects large diameter FDCs from damage and vandalism on:
- Fire hydrants
- Fire sprinkler systems