Knox eLock System™
A major leap forward in technology and innovation for rapid access, the Knox eLock System is the first complete electronic rapid access solution for emergency responders. The Knox eLock System is designed for maximum security, access, and complete accountability while delivering the ruggedness and quality you have come to expect from the Knox Company.
If lost or stolen, Knox eKey deactivates and can't be used.
100 key lock codes allow worry-free sharing with neighboring jurisdictions.
With complete visibility, the system provides perfect audit trails.
How does the Knox eLock System Work?
- Cloud-based system software used to configure and manage the Knox eLock System devices and users
- Admins have the ability to manage users, PIN codes, retrieve audit trail information and create reports from any device using a web browser
- Key control device used for securing and charging the electronic Knox eKey along with providing an option to secure a Knox mechanical key
- Utilizes individualized PIN codes to release keys
- Mounts securely in an apparatus, vehicle or office
- Electronic key designed with multiple layers of security
- Includes an expiration feature to deactivate the key
- Collects and stores information on key usage and box openings
Knox eLock Core™
- Replaces mechanical lock core; most Knox products can be retrofitted
- Requires no wiring or batteries for power
- Stores lock codes and audit trail
- An alternative method to programming and charging the Knox eKey in an office environment
- Allows management of a Knox eKey from a computer
Knox eLock System Applications
The next generation of rapid access solutions.
The Knox eLock System is engineered to work with other Knox products for an integrated system tailored to your needs.
- Fire departments
- Security companies
- Public safety departments
- Logistics companies
- Law enforcement
- Commercial properties
- Healthcare facilities
- Utility companies
View our case studies, specs and brochures below to learn more.
Brochures and Specs
Knox eLock System Brochure
Knox eLock System Component Specs
Knox KeySecure 6 Specs
KeySecure 6 - 90/60 Degree Mounting Bracket Specs
KeySecure 6 - Flat Mount Bracket Specs
KeySecure 6 - Mounting Bracket Adapter Plate Kit Specs
Knox eKey Specs
Knox eLock Core Specs
Electronic KnoxBox 3200 Specs
Electronic KnoxVault 4400 (single lock) Specs
Electronic KnoxVault 4400 (dual lock) Specs
Electronic Residential Box Specs
Knox eLock System BrochureDownload
Knox eLock System Component SpecsDownload
Knox KeySecure 6 SpecsDownload
KeySecure 6 - 90/60 Degree Mounting Bracket SpecsDownload
KeySecure 6 - Flat Mount Bracket SpecsDownload
KeySecure 6 - Mounting Bracket Adapter Plate Kit SpecsDownload
Knox eKey SpecsDownload
Knox eLock Core SpecsDownload
Electronic KnoxBox 3200 SpecsDownload
Electronic KnoxVault 4400 (single lock) SpecsDownload
Electronic KnoxVault 4400 (dual lock) SpecsDownload
Electronic Residential Box SpecsDownload
Contact us to learn more about
Knox Rapid Access Solutions
- Power source must be either a 7-amp 12-volt Vehicle DC power supply, a 7-amp 12-volt AC adapter. On-shore power is a backup power source and should be used at the station.
- Internal 3V lithium ion battery maintains time and date if KeySecure should lose power.
- When you remove a Knox eKey from a KeySecure 6 or a KnoxDock, a timer starts. When the timer expires, the Knox eKey no longer functions.
- The timer resets automatically when the Knox eKey is removed from KeySecure 6 or a KnoxDock using a valid PIN code. Activation time is managed through KnoxConnect Management System by Admin.
- Mutual aid or shared access is supported by sharing lock codes between one or more jurisdictions.
- Contact Knox to coordinate mutual aid programs.
- KnoxConnect is a cloud-based system using network connections (WiFi or Ethernet) to connect to KeySecure 6.
- System Administrators can manage users, devices, PIN codes, retrieve audit trail information and create reports from any device using a web browser with internet access.
- With the Knox eLock System, audit trail collection is automatic when the KeySecure 6 communicates with the cloud via WiFi or Ethernet. KnoxDock communicates Knox eKey audit trails when KnoxDock software is running.
- When a KeySecure 6 syncs, it sends audit trail information to KnoxConnect then it receives all updates from the KnoxConnect Management System.
- Basic functionality of the system does not require the Internet. Knox eKeys, Knox eLock Core, and the KeySecure 6 will continue to operate without the Internet.
- Since the KnoxConnect Management System is web-based, administrative functions, such as adding or deleting users, will not be accessible when the Internet is down.